OUR CORE VALUES AND ETHOS
We seek to build a community where our students have the social, intellectual and cultural capital to have:
- Unlimited ideas and dreams
- A vision of what they want to achieve in life and how to achieve it
- Well rounded committed citizens who want to make a positive difference
- Care and compassion for each other
- Choice filled lives
Above all else, we want our students to experience fullness of life, where the sort of person that they become is of paramount importance. This is articulated in our motto “Aspire to be More”.
We want to be the best school in the city and one of the best in the country where pupils model positive behaviours based on mutual respect and social integrity. Our community has a consistent culture of high expectations so that everyone can achieve their full potential. We will celebrate achievement and swiftly address underachievement. By doing this we will instil into our pupils a desire and the means to be the best and make a positive difference in our world.
Our objectives for the next three years are:
- To ensure that teaching and learning are world class (Intellectual Capital)
- To provide a network of supportive adults who help students to develop strong values and behaviours (Social capital)
- To develop students who are well-rounded, confident and aspirational individuals (Cultural Capital)