A conversion academy means we would be able to continue to and enhance support for students through personalised packages enabling small group work, smaller classes and opportunities to link with our partners from business, university quarter and further education as well as primary schools and other organisations. We can continue to build on the work we do with all partners to meet the needs and skills of our students, personally, socially and academically.
As a converted academy using the co-operative model we will continue to:
- Develop a model of full engagement of stakeholders in influencing and shaping the school.
- Maintain pay and condition agreements as now with the Governing Board continuing to be the employers.
- Be the Admissions Authority through the Admissions Board as now complying with the national code for admissions.
- To work with Local Authority Services as now ensuring our students gain the services that are both high quality and best value.
- To work with the Local Authority to support students with special needs. Some of these services are provided by the Local Authority and they are funded directly by central government for these. For example educational psychology and the statementing process.
We will not be:
- Changing our uniform unless consultation indicated the desire for this.
- Changing staff pay and conditions from local and national agreements unless consultation asked us to.
- Changing our admissions criteria unless the national code required us to.