- Sept Information
- Zone Map
- FAQs About Reopening In September V2 July 2020
- Flowchart Responding To Suspected Case Of COVID 19 In School (1) Staff And Student
- Letter From City Of Stoke On Trent 15072020
- Key Workers Letter 09072020
- Reopening September Update 070720
- Covid 19 Travel Survey 2020
The latest government guidance (as at 3rd July), for what parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges in the autumn term, can be found below. However, we are reviewing this guidance and will update you soon with the September opening plans for Birches Head Academy.
- We are doing all we can to reassure parents of the safety measures which are in place to welcome children back to school.
To support us with this, and as part of the Government’s central “Stay Alert” campaign, you are likely to see information adverts on these measures on the radio and online to reassure you that if your child is eligible to attend school, they should return. These messages sit alongside wider government messaging about public transport and returning to work, which aim to reassure you as changes to lockdown measures are made.
- The leaflets and films below are for parents of children. You may want to share these with your own network to support our engagement with children and families who have questions.
- The leaflets can be found here: Reassurance Leaflet
- The film for secondary school pupils can be found here: https://youtu.be/foQuuIWonl8
This information is aimed at parents to support Keep Your Child Safe Online COVID 19 during lockdown.
THINK U KNOW (15min Resources that students can do with parents)
KS3(11-13) Home Learning LINK
KS4 (14-16) Home Learning LINK
- Year 10 On Site Guidance 08062020
- Year 10 Update Letter 04062020
Updated guidance on what parents and carers need to know about education settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The guidance can be found here: (03/06/2020)
- Instructional Video to Students
- Letter From Director Children & Family Services STCC. 27052020
- Parent Information For Covid 19 Ensuring A Safe Environment 21.05.20.doc V3
- Letter From Governors To Parents 22052020
- June Keyworker Letter and On Site Guide For Parents Key Workers Jun 2020
Latest Government guidance on helping secondary school children continue their education during the coronavirus outbreak can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/help-secondary-school-children-continue-their-education-during-coronavirus-covid-19
From the Department of Education
Support for parents
We understand this is a challenging time for parents too, many of whom are now supporting their children’s learning at home or may have questions about their children potentially returning to school.
We have developed the following guidance and resources for parents to support them at this time:
- Q&A which answers key questions parents may have
- Guidance for parents on phased reopening of education settings
- Guidance for parents on supporting learning at home for early years and primary age children (secondary school guidance to follow)
- List of online resources to support children’s development
- Careers And Colleges Update Year 11 13052020
- Letter From School Age Immunisation Team 11052020
- VE Day A Message From The Local Authority
- Creating a family routine Safeguarding Briefing BHA 010520
- Boost your Skills-A new online learning platform to help boost the nation’s skills while people are staying at home, has been launched on 28 April 2020. Free courses are available through the new online platform hosted on the gov.uk website, called the Skills Toolkit, https://theskillstoolkit.campaign.gov.uk/ (link is external)
- Further information can be found on the gov.uk article via the link https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-free-online-learning-platform-to-boost-workplace-skills?utm_source=1c417446-4731-40a3-995b-651a47d21848&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate (link is external)
Improving the lives of children and their families
- Parents & Carers Years 7 10 Letter 22042020
- Support from Health Visitors And School Nurses
- BBC Bitesize Daily Secondary is being launched on April 20th 9am it can be accessed on iplayer or BBC red button it is live each day where students can do mini lessons Maths, English and Science and other subjects https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- This is good for well being https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/support
- On iPlayer they are also launching teacher talks for parents who may be struggling and need advice
- How can I help guide my child on HegartyMaths? Unfortunately, HegartyMaths don’t have a parent portal yet – They would love one and have plans to make one… so watch this space! In the meantime, you can log in with your child to see how they’re doing.
- Update For Duke Of Edinburgh 27th March 2020
- Stoke Sixth Form Y11 Letter
- Parent Guide How To Support Home Learning
- Update For Parents 25032020
- If your personal circumstances change you can access a free school meal application here CURRENT FSM Application Form Revised Oct 2018 (1)
- School Closed – Coronavirus and Home Learning Letter 20032020
- Coronavirus Update Letter 2 19032020
- Coronavirus Closure Update 19032020
- Coronavirus Update 18032020
- Coronavirus Update 16032020
- Coronavirus Letter 11032020
- Work Experience Postponement Letter 16032020